Submitting an Article Online
To submit an article online, and to check the status of your submission, you need to have an account with Sri Lankan Journal of Agricultural Economics
Don't have an account? Register Here.
- Three copies of a paper should be submitted in a form suitable for sending to anonymous reviewers.
- Author's name, address, affiliation and a contact telephone, fax number or email address where possible, should be indicated on a separate sheet.
- Papers should not generally exceed 30-35 double-spaced pages in total. They should include an abstract of no more than 100 words.
- Gender-neutral language and American spelling should be used.
- Bibliographical references should be carefully checked. Every reference cited in the paper must be listed in the references section.
- Book references should be in the following order: author name/s, year of publication, full title, place of publication and name of publisher (eg. Porter, M.E. (1998). The Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance with a New Introduction. New York: The Free Press.).
- Journal references should provide the following information: author name/s, year of publication, full title, journal title, volume and issue numbers and inclusive page numbers. (eg. Jondrow, J., C.A.K. Lovell, I.S. Materov and P. Schmidt (1982). On the Estimation of Technical Inefficiency in the Stochastic Frontier Production Function Model. Journal of Econometrics, 19(2):233-238.).
- References to mimeographed materials should provide the following information: name of the author, full title, name and location of the concerned department or institution (eg. Tomosugi, T. (1980). A Structural Analysis of Thai Economic History: A Case Study of a Northern Chao Phraya Delta Village, Institute for Developing Economies, Tokyo.).
- References to articles in edited books should be in the following order: author name/s, year of publication, full title of the book, names of the editor/s, place of publication, name of publisher (eg. Principe, P. (1991). Valuing the Biodiversity of Medicinal Plants. In, O. Akerte, V. Heywood, H. Synge (eds.), The Conservation of Medicinal Plants. Cambridge: University Press.).
- Authors should correct proofs without altering materials of the original typescript.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.